O’Flynn Medical operate very strict quality procedures, particularly in activities associated with decontamination – ISO ensures compliance.
All mattresses collected from site are transported in our uniquely designed segregated vans, eliminating the risk of cross contamination.
- The mattresses are then delivered to a designated storage area.
- These mattresses go through the O’Flynn Medical decontamination facility. For more information on this facility, please clink on the following link: Facilities
- A mattress is not deemed to be successfully decontaminated until the receipt printed from the OTEX barrier washer has stated the mattress has been successfully decontaminated.
- Once a mattress is decontaminated, it is tested to ensure it is working as per manufacturers’ specification.
- The mattress is then bagged, heat sealed and marked as decontaminated.
- All mattresses being delivered to site are transported in the ‘clean’ side of an O’Flynn Medical uniquely designed segregated vans.
Certified hygiene training is undertaken by the O’Flynn Medical team on an ongoing basis. This ensures compliance with the highest hygiene standards both in-house and when meeting Clients.
O’Flynn Medical is delighted to have the consultancy services of Professor Kevin Collins – Departments of Medicine and Microbiology in University College Cork. Professor Collins audits the decontamination facility on a monthly basis, taking samples to ensure hygiene and cleanliness standards are being adhered to.
Professor Collins also consulted during the design stages of the decontamination facility and continues to provide assistance and advice as O’Flynn Medical aims to continuously improve and exceed expectations in our quality processes.